Lunch out today as tomorrow, Thursday and Friday are all impossible. Tomato and basil
salad followed by mackerel with potatoes and aubergine and samphire in a Hollandaise sauce.
What started out today as a cool, breezy, rather cloudy day with the promise of a shower, has turned into a hot, sultry and quite exhausting day.
I swear that however long this weather lasts I shall never, ever get used to it. I find it totally draining.
Going out to lunch meant that I missed the Fly past up The Mall - so I shall now watch it on the six o'clock News. There are so many Headline stories today - finally getting all the boys out of the caves in Thailand, the Boris and David saga (set to continue), the Fly Past, Tennis, the run up to the semi-final (surely I don't need to say which sport) - all will be vying for Headline space. I
wonder which one will gain it.
Tess and I walked after lunch down the Lane in the shade - still too hot for both of us. Even my brain is becoming addled in the heat and I can think of no more to say today. See you tomorrow.
I apologise for the odd paragraphing. I have just gone back to edit only to find that it is perfectly paragraphed here - so there is a gremlin somewhere.

0 Yorumlar