This has been the oddest year.
I am just about to turn 27 and it feels really odd. The year has so far been one of great change. I saw my life move very quickly, then slowly then quickly again. It seems that for me and my friends - its a year where all of our lives have moved on so fast.
It's so strange to think that this time last year I was still in my masters and living in Dublin working for the magazine while trying to avoid working on my thesis. I never thought I would be where I am now and doing what I am doing. So far this year I have graduated, written a thesis, moved homes three times, gotten the job I wanted for six years, been hit by a car, broken my knee, fallen madly in love, been diagnosed as a coeliac, met lots of new people, worked freelance quite a bit and god knows what the next few weeks will bring.
I think things have a way of working out though. So far with all the change - it still seems like everyone has gotten what they wanted from it. Which is great.
So what has this meant for the site? Well, readership has grown massively which is nice. I am always shocked by that! It's nice to get emails and comments on the facebook as well which keeps me going. I do find blogging a bit difficult at the moment as I have a lot going on. I'm trying to keep everything running smoothly though! I work eight hours shifts, come home, eat, then write and then blog for an hour or three if I haven't fallen asleep by then. Its gotten so bad that on days where I don't see 'the boy' I remove my make-up at work incase I fall asleep with it when I'm working!!!!! It takes me a few minutes each night to do it and I hate waking up with horrible panda eyes. Especially in this heat.
Fashionably, I think its going to be a long hot summer. I have a few events over the next few weeks which are going to keep me very very busy. I am also off to London in two weeks - two weeks yesterday as my dad reminded me! I am busy saving and not buying new clothes at the moment in order to splurge when I get there.
I can't wait for it. I haven't had a holiday in about two years and I am badly in need of one - especially after the accident! I am looking forward to art, museums, fashion and dancing. I am particularly excited about a new Tracey Emin exhibition - not really sure if I like or hate her art but I will certainly be going to check it out anyway. I havent been to one of her exhibition since 2001-ish.
So here is to drinking pimms by the river and relaxing. God knows I've earned it!


0 Yorumlar