Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Tragedy At Canadian Country Music Festival As Stage Collapses





The stage at an open-air country music festival in Calgary, Canada has collapsed in sudden, high winds, killing one person and injuring 15 others- two being in critical condition. The Associated Press news agency says one of the performers, a member of the Billy Currington band, was removed from the wreckage with a badly injured arm.

The Big Valley Jamboree, held annually near Edmonton, in central Alberta, attracts thousands of music fans. Spectators fled in panic as a severe thunderstorm, with high winds and rain, swept through the festival site early on Saturday evening.

One of the Billy Currington band guitarists, Doug Collins, told the Calgary Herald: "I was playing slide guitar and I have to look constantly at my hands. All of a sudden, I saw this blast coming at me and I ran off the stage. "One amp started falling toward me and that is when it got bizarre. That's when I ran." Billy Currington was taken to the hospital as a precaution but released.

Music fan Maris Orydzuk described what happened to Canadian broadcaster CTV: "Next thing I know there is like concrete, and there's something on my back. I can't see a thing.
"It was awful. I thought my life was ending because it was completely dark and black. There was a tiny, tiny hole that I crawled through."

The film actor Kevin Costner, and his band Modern West, were due to perform after Billy Currington.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar